Thursday 10 July 2014

Beans means points and points mean...prizes!

At the checkout at Sainsbury’s yesterday, I was rewarded with this voucher offering me 60 bonus Nectar points when I spend £1.60 on canned fruit, vegetables and beans before 28th July.



Just a coincidence that they should give this voucher to a tin cannoisseur, of course – I’m sure Sainsbury’s would never dream of using my customer spending data to look at what I have been buying recently and then try to tailor their offers and deals accordingly...


Frankly a money-off voucher wouId have been nicer, as I never really think to redeem Nectar points, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers. 60 points is worth 30p, apparently, which if I ever get round to using would buy me a 198g tin of Sainsbury's Basics Sweetcorn in Water, with five pence to spare. "All sizes, juicy and sweet", it says on the tin. So, rewards are indeed sweeter with Nectar. But slightly saltier too, given that they have salt as well as sugar added to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment