Thursday 31 December 2020

Let it snow (crab), let it snow (crab), let it SPAM

 A final, very quick post for 2020 here - one of my frequent trawls of the supermarket shelves recently revealed that despite its reputation for being the upmarket choice for your grocery shop, Waitrose really does cater to all tastes and budgets when it comes to tins. 

On the top shelf in the tinned aisle, you'll find petite cans of Atlantic Snow Crab, which works out at £10.45 per 100g, and a King Crab and Atlantic Snow Crab mix for a staggering £15.50.

And on the bottom shelf...SPAM. Which is about 80p per 100g.


Something for everyone! I wouldn't like to speculate as to which is better. I bet there isn't a museum dedicated to Antarctic Snow Crab though...

Happy New Year to all - let's hope 2021 is a better one!

The Tin Cannoisseur
31 December 2020

p.s. If you're wondering why the sudden slew of blogposts today, I had set myself a target of 20 posts in 2020, which I wasn't too far from, but as December zipped by, and I was less productive than I'd hoped over the Christmas break, I didn't think I still had a chance of meeting it. But then I decided to make a final concerted push for the finish line - there's nothing like a midnight deadline to focus the mind. You're probably reading this in the new year, but this is, by UK time at least, blogpost number 20 of 2020. Success!

And I promise there will be more to come in 2021!

TTC

No comments:

Post a Comment